Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tigers @ White Sox
Second game of the season opening homestand.  I was worried about this game because for one, the Tigers have a great lineup from top to bottom, but two because Gavin didn't pitch well last time out and he throws a lot of balls in the dirt.  You can't make mistakes against this Tigers team and give them freebies.  But Gavin pitched beautifully.  His pitch count got kind of high which didn't allow him to go any further than the sixth inning but with the way the bullpen has been protecting games for us, it isn't a big deal.  The offense got us runs in the second, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth for a comfortable win and a move into first place in the central.  I know, I know, its still early in the season but hey, first place is first place.  (Enjoy it Baltimore! Lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment