Thursday, April 5, 2012

So I decided that I wanted to watch every White Sox game this season even though they are not projected by many analysts to have a good season.  That being said, I thought I should do something charitable as well.  So for every game I watch this year, I will donate a dollar to Camp Happy Days.  Camp Happy Days offers support and encouragement to children diagnosed with cancer and their families by providing gratuitous year-round programs, special events, and access to crisis resources. Their goal is to improve the physical, emotional, and psychological health of the entire family facing pediatric cancer.
I challenge anyone who would like to sponsor me to either match my donation, make a fixed donation or come up with another fun way to donate.  Some examples are that you could give $0.50 per stolen base I see this year, maybe a quarter for every home run, a dime for every RBI or even a nickel for every strikeout.  Make it fun and make it worthwhile!
You can track my progress through this blog as I will post updates after the games I watch.  I will keep book on every game using my Kindle Fire and an app called iScore Baseball.  Because of my busy life, I may not be able to watch every game live.  Many nights I may stay up late and watch them a few hours behind.  Either way, I will make every attempt to watch every game this season!
Thank you for joining me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment